One of the ways that Library Services supports your teaching is with in-class instruction sessions customized to suit your class and your students’ needs. We teach classes targeted to research for a specific assignment. It is best to book these sessions in advance, especially at the busiest times of the semester. We find that these sessions work best a few weeks before an assignment is due, but after the students have been introduced to its requirements.
Visits last approximately 30 minutes and teach research skills, such as:
· Choosing a topic
· Developing a research strategy
· Finding journal articles
· Finding and requesting books
· Evaluating sources
· Citation management
· Navigating the library’s resources
· Research assistance on campus
· Finding government documents and statistics
· Finding business information
To request a session, please fill out our Library Session Request form.